Saturday, May 27, 2017

Am I a Foodie?


Wikipedia definition of Foodie
A foodie is a person who has an ardent or refined interest in food and alcoholic beverages. A foodie seeks new food experiences as a hobby rather than simply eating out of convenience or hunger. 
Google Dictionary Foodie
a person with a particular interest in food; a gourmet.
synonyms: gourmet, epicure, gastronome, gourmand 
During lunch last week someone at work asked me if I had any food aversions. I said I would pretty much eat anything. Then I was asked if I was a foodie. I did not know what to say. I have never considered myself a foodie. Mostly because when I think of foodie I think of men in black turtlenecks drinking wine and eating expensive small plated meals. The Google definition of Foodie is definitely not me.  But Wikipedia describes me perfectly.

I have eaten $1.50 Van De Camp Fish sticks and a meal at a Michelin Star restaurant.

So you decide. These are some of the great meals I have had over the last month.
Van de Camp Fish Sticks with Ketchup @ Home
$1.50
Brings back memories of being a kid.

Sashimi @ Kinoshita Restaurant in Sao Paulo Brazil
$25.00

Wagyu Beef @ Kinoshita Restaurant in Sao Paulo, Brazil




Lamb Osso Bucco @ Josephine's in Sao Paulo Brazil
$23.00

Gnocchi Ragu @ Josphine's in Sao Paulo Brazil
$18.00

Tempura Soft boiled egg in Tokyo, Japan
$1.50

Raman Noodles with Boiled Egg and Pork in Tokyo Japan
$7.50

Traditional Japanese Lunch in Tokyo, Japan.
$12.00




BBQ Beef, Poutine and Fries @ Montreal Airport, Canada
$12.00

Cheese Potatoes and beef Foil Dinner
@ 11 year old scout campout
$2.00