Friday, May 13, 2016

Church in Taipei Taiwan


In my travels I have the opportunity to see lots of different things. One of my favorite things is to

attend church on Sundays in the countries I travel. This last week I was in Taipei Taiwan. I do my best to find an English speaking ward so I can at least understand what is being said. And that is typically fairly easy in large cities through out the world. And Taipei was no different. The Taipei Ward is an English speaking ward and right next the the Taipei temple. So I hopped in a taxi and went to church.

One common thing I find in these expat wards is typically a little bit older ward with diplomats and expat executives attending the ward. This ward was very similar, but I did find a large youth program, larger than I have seen in most expat wards. I especially found a large number of young women in this ward compared to young men. I thought, wouldn't be nice if I had some of my boys with me on this trip. :)


One thing I found in this ward was that it was very reverent. Which is a nice change from my ward which is very loud during sacrament meeting (we have a large primary and 2 nurseries, :) ) I also noticed that much like my ward they loved to sing. I always enjoy wards that love to sing. It brings a nice spirit into the meetings.

Being Mother's day the meeting talks were all about Mothers and their roles in society. A family spoke as this was their last week in the ward before they moved back to the States. All of the talks were very good and reminded me how important a good mother (which I am privileged to have) to society. One of the best phrases in the talks was given by the 16 year old daughter that spoke. "If at first you don't succeed, do what you mother told you." I had to right that down it was so funny and os true. Look for something from Daisy Blossom about that in the future.



I then spent sometime after church walking around the temple grounds and took some video and pictures for Austin (my nephew) and Daniel (my brother) who both served in Taipei on their missions.

One of the best things about Mother's day for Mormon families is we get to talk to our kids that are missions on Mother's day. So, even though it was on Monday morning in Taipei I got to talk to Dallin via Skype on Mother's day. Something I always look forward to no matter where I am in the world.

DWP

No comments:

Post a Comment